Libraries, book publishers and authors have enjoyed a mutually beneficial relationship since the invention of movable type and, well, libraries. MacMillan, one of the major book publishers, is planning to put a major crimp in that relationship beginning November 1st. For details, read the article in industry periodical, Publisher's Weekly. You can make your voice heard in favor of libraries by digitally signing the petition at the American Library Association web site.
Can You Do it? Read 100 books in a calendar year? Keep track online and earn prizes throughout the year. Register and keep track
The prizes for 100 Books in a Year are now available for pickup at the Civic Center Reference Desk. There are 3 levels available:
Due to a building issue, the East (Court House) entrance/exit of the Bennett Civic Center Library is closed until further notice.
Thank you for your patience.
Keeping up with the Library via Email
If you give us your email address* we'll send you:
1. Check out receipts (you can still get a paper receipt if you like)
2. Date due reminders a few days in advance
3. Holds available notifications
4. A reminder when your card is about to expire
Call the library at 734-466-2491 to have your email address added to your account by a staff member.
5. Subscribe separately to our monthly e-newsletter to keep up with what's happening in the library using the form above.
*Of course, we never sell your email address or spam you.