The Livonia Public Library is once again teaming up with Gleaners Community Food Bank of Southeast Michigan for the annual Food for Fines/Food for Thought campaign. Between March 19 and April 29 all three branch libraries will be accepting non-perishable food donations* on behalf of Gleaners. In return for donations, up to $5 in fines on the patron’s library card may be eliminated ($1 per item donated).
If you borrow items from MELCAT, please be aware that the service will be suspended beginning April 1st while TLN Shared System Libraries, including Livonia and all libraries listed here transition to a new online catalog service provider. We expect MELCAT service to resume in July.
Keeping up with the Library via Email
If you give us your email address* we'll send you:
1. Check out receipts (you can still get a paper receipt if you like)
2. Date due reminders a few days in advance
3. Holds available notifications
4. A reminder when your card is about to expire
Call the library at 734-466-2491 to have your email address added to your account by a staff member.
5. Subscribe separately to our monthly e-newsletter to keep up with what's happening in the library using the form above.
*Of course, we never sell your email address or spam you.